Friday, July 29, 2011

What Was I Thinking?

      Hi!  Thanks for dropping by.  If this isn't your first visit, you may have already figured out that I'm no computer or camera whiz.  In fact, I'm quite challenged in both areas which makes me wonder "what was I thinking" when I committed myself to this blog.  The learning curve is straight up for me, but that's probably exactly what I need as I try to rebuild my life after the death of my husband of more than 40 years.  It's been 19 months since he left me, and I need something to make me come alive again, to nudge me back into creating more often than during the once a week quilting  group I attend.  I already feel better.  

     Now, I'm not saying everyone needs a blog when they're lost and trying to find themselves again.  What I am saying is that having something engaging to do is making my mind re-enter the world in a more hopeful way.  These days I'm thinking of what might be of interest to others who love some of the same things as I do.  What can I offer in the way of stories of women, books and movies,  project ideas, and free things to down load for your own use.  There's so much that I'll need to do some sifting and sorting...and some shopping!

     What's helped you when you faced a crisis?

     Here are some old photos that show women of the 1890s for you to download for your own projects or collection. 

      
       

Smarty and I'll be back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment