Saturday, September 10, 2011

One of My Best Qualities

     Sorry there haven't been any posts lately, but I've had computer problems.  The numerals wouldn't type, so I couldn't get into the blog site to post anything.  Yesterday I unplugged 8 cords from my computer, labeled all of them and where they plug in on the computer, and took everything to the Geek Squad.  The problem turned out to be so simple...a short in the keyboard.  After buying a new one, I had to lug everything back upstairs to my computer desk and plug it all back into the computer.  By then I was just too pooped to do anything more than indulge in a glass of wine and watch an old movie.

     Today I thought I'd mention one of my best qualities which is that I'm a terrific starter of new projects.  I especially enjoy planning and purchasing all the necessary materials, but then by the time I get home with the stuff I need, I've run out of steam.  By the next day, I've got a new idea so the old one gets put on hold while I work out my newest idea.
     Here's what I mean:

This was a bargain at the Dollar Store even though I had no
 idea how I would use it.  Recently, while I was reading about the 5
Walker Sisters, it came to me that this box would make a perfect
room from their house.


Here is a paper mache box I actually found in the garage.  I
don't remember what I was going to use it for originally, but now
it's going to become the storehouse for a set of 1st Lady cards.


 Look at this wonderful 1950's unused bridal book I found at an
antique show.  Think how cool it would be if there were pictures
 of honeymoon places and clothes from the 50's all researched in
my old magazines.
 

This house isn't exactly what I wanted for the project I had
in mind, but with some modifications, it will tell the story of
Horace, Augusta, and Baby Doe Tabor.


This dressmaker's box from 1910 has been in the works for
some time now.  There's a problem though.  They didn't
have plastic handles in 1910, did they?



      Do you see what I mean?  There are other unfinished projects, too, like the 2 small art quilts which are "in progress", a couple of paperdoll sets, a notebook about the Empress Eugenie of France, and the various art journals I work in when the mood strikes.  The projects don't seem so large when I plan them, but the planning seems to be waaay more fun than the actual work.  

      One day I read that you should just throw out all of the unfinshed stuff periodically and move on to the new things you want to do.  That might get to be a bit expensive, but "out of sight out of mind" could remove the guilt.

    If you have the same problem with too many unfinished project, what do you do about them?

Smarty and I'll be back soon.

                        Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment